Laser Treatment for Varicose Veins of Legs
What are Varicose Veins of Legs and how are they treated with laser?
The problem of varicose veins of legs is a disturbing problem that upsets all those who face it and specifically the ladies. Varicose veins of legs are enlarged veins that may infect any vein of the body but are most likely to be veins of the legs and feet.
Causes of Varicose Veins of Legs:
Varicose veins have many causes, which are more prevalent among women than in men because women are more exposed to hormonal changes, and pregnancy can also cause varicose veins of legs, among the most common causes of varicose veins are:
- Genetic predisposition: most patients who are suffering from the problem of varicose veins, they have similar conditions in the family; So some people have risk factors that make them more susceptible to have varicose veins of legs.
- Hormonal changes: they are factors that can help the appearance of varicose veins of legs.
- Erroneous habits: such as standing for long time; increases blood pressure inside these veins, making them susceptible to inflation.
- Pregnancy: It weakens the capillaries, and the weight gained from the pregnancy can be a cause for the appearance of the varicose veins.
- Over weight: this leads to the increased loading on the legs which in turn affects the appearance of varicose veins.
Laser Treatment of Varicose Veins of Legs:
Laser Treatment for Varicose Veins of Legs may be the perfect solution for some patients, a concentrated beam of light that a doctor can use to treat varicose veins, where laser heat destroys the vein, which loses its source of blood and eventually dies.
When do Varicose Veins disappear after laser?
After several sessions of applying laser Treatment for Varicose Veins of Legs , the likelihood is that the infected vein will disappear and the appearance of varicose veins of legs will therefore improve completely.
The types of varicose veins of legs treatment vary based on the initial diagnosis of each case. One of the most important methods of treating internal varicose veins of legs and reflux is the application of a laser catheter, to provide intravenous treatment.
The laser catheter connects to the laser device from one end, while the other end is inserted inside the stretched vein, where the laser fibre is passed through the catheter tube in the vein, and in doing so, the doctor monitors the vein on the ultrasound screen and the procedure is done using local anesthesia.
Is Treating Varicose Veins of Legs with Laser, Painful?
It is reported that laser is less painful than the process of stripping the vein during or after the procedure because there are no incisions, and only local anesthesia or mild sedation is needed during the laser treatment session.
Features of Laser Varicose Veins of Legs Treatment:
One of the advantages of laser Varicose Veins Treatment of Legs is that it will not require total anesthesia. The doctor inserts a fine needle under local anesthesia. Laser therapy is more effective, less riskful and painful, compared to other traditional methods due to its multiple advantages, including:
- The absence of scars, as the operation does not leave the scars such as other surgical methods.
- The final disappearance of varicose veins, where treated varicose veins become invisible even through ultrasound.
Side effects and risk factors of treating varicose veins by other surgeries:
- Skin colour changes.
- Burn sensation.
- A small or large Blood clot in a vein or deep vein.
- The likelihood of varicose veins reappearing.
The Reason of the possibility of the reappearance of Varicose Veins of Legs:
The reappearance of varicose veins of legs can be due to a medical error in the surgery; So you need to choose an expert Vascular Surgeon, and one of the best vascular surgeons in Egypt is Dr. Waleed El-Daly, Assistant Professor of Vascular Surgery.
Laser Varicose Veins of Legs Treatment Results:
Most often the patient will be able to walk after undergoing laser catheterization, the recovery period is usually short, and also the patient can return to his daily routine after laser treatment quickly. Compression socks must be worn for at most two weeks, and the doctor will use an ultrasound to ensure that the vein is closed.